A community-oriented art & graphic design collective. We make graphic apparel, hand-crafted accessories and produce events. And most importantly, spew randomness about important and non-important topics.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Once Upon a Time...

Hi. N here...

Okay when I revived the concept of us starting to blog again somehow I figured I'd try to do once a week. I think I was successful for like the first 3 posts; how hard could it be to come up with insightful yet witty commentary on this and that. And SPLAT! now I've hit a wall. I'm so facking busy and when I'm not I'm just lazy and blank. Asides from blogging...in general I feel like I've reached a creative wall block... Maybe I'm not alone... Chichi, Anneli and I are kinda like blehhhh I don't know it's weird. We're trying to truck through to produce new shite but it's like we're so busy with work, family and random fool fool drama...there's no time to just sit and create. Also it could just be transient...we're creative in other ways and have to find a way to accommodate that and express it still under the collective vehicle.

I'm getting my fix a bit with working on a dance piece that is a concept that's swirled in my head for years and finally is able to have some form of fruition. this makes me happy...but I really miss sitting for hours getting lost in the process of making earrings...this is kinda frustrating 'cos when I haven't done it for long then it's like I'm starting over. I also had a lot of support with the earring making from friends and my sweet and I guess I'm like mehn I need to get on with it, so the investments don't go to waste. I really don't wanna be that unproductive and seemingly flighty. My goal is to get at least TWO basic styles of earrings by the end of this month that will be available for sale on the website, and some one of kind pieces to boot. Hold me to this yo!

Until then if you are in the BAY area come check out the International Women's Day Celebration event March 12-14 at Mission Cultural Center (see flyer/link below for more details). I'll be premiering my Woe-man to Whoa!myn dance/poetry piece there. Which is pretty much a work in progress of sorts... I'm really excited about it and can't wait.

March 12 -14,
Fri. & Sat. @8pm, doors open 7pm
Sun. @2 pm, doors open 1pm
Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts
2868 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Pasrking at Mission & Bartlett garage (btwn 21st and 22nd)
Adults $10, 18 and under $5

No comments: