A community-oriented art & graphic design collective. We make graphic apparel, hand-crafted accessories and produce events. And most importantly, spew randomness about important and non-important topics.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

If You Ask Me...



Sometimes I find it challenging or hopeless finding the way to bridge that gap: art & social change. A lot of times it gets all fuzzy. What does it mean? Is it possible to have one with the other? Without compromising the other? But then I watch videos like these...and I get rejuiced.

One3snapshot approved. Culture. Art. Expression elopes and gets married to Social Change.
Omawumi is so One3snapshot!

Here's what I said:
" VIDEO OF THE YEAR. I got goosebumps watching this... I used to be light weight not quite feel Omawumi but this song is pretty dope...I love the approach to the issues she brought up, and this video is pretty freaking cool. I wish we would have more naija vids like these as opposed to those useless pop champagne and girls in the club."
 
Art is Health. Health is Social Justice.
Culture. Art. Expression.
,N
 
 

No comments: